Up next

What Can You Do With a 501(c)(3)? Understanding IRS Charitable Purposes

1 Views· 02/27/23
1 Subscribers

When you hear the term nonprofit, the first thing that typically comes to mind is a charity, or 501(c)(3) organization. That’s for good reason, since roughly 78% of all tax-exempt organizations are exempt under IRC Section 501(c)(3). The remaining 22% consists mostly of social welfare nonprofits, business leagues, and social/recreation clubs, plus about 24 less-voluminous possibilities.

But what does it mean to be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit? What sets a 501(c)(3) apart from the other categories of nonprofits out there? In a phrase: charitable purpose.

•eBook: Successfully Starting a Nonprofit https://bit.ly/3M0Nj41
•VIDEO: How to Start a 501(c)(3) Nonprofit? https://youtu.be/1GO3XCDsId4
•BLOG ARTICLE: How the IRS Defines Charitable Purpose https://bit.ly/3ypY4J8

•How To Start a Nonprofit https://bit.ly/3FeMaD4
•Talk with us! https://bit.ly/3Fj72sN
•If you need help filing for IRS 501(c)(3) status, we’d love to help. Fill out the form at https://bit.ly/3i6rFxz or give us a call at 888-361-9445.

0:00 Introduction
0:40 IRS Restricts Purposes
1:16 Religious
2:50 Scientific
3:58 Testing for Public Safety
4:44 Literary
5:07 Educational
6:32 Fostering National and International Amateur Sports
7:51 Prevention of Cruelty to Animals and Children
8:26 Charitable
9:08 Conclusion

Show more

 0 Comments sort   Sort By

Up next